The MuchLoved Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Help & Suggestions from MuchLoved Members » Ideas & help for other members of theCommunity » Uploading images, sounds and video
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures for poems.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote sweetpattyalice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures for poems.
    Posted: 24 Apr 2010 at 2:02pm
I have added a poem into the poetry section which is based on a photo of me and my Mum. I have tried adding the photo into the poem but it is not giving me the option to upload a picture. I tried, but when I did it gave a warning the only certain members could do this.

Please help as I would love to put this picture with the poem.

Thank you.
My Mum ~xXx~ She is the one I knew right from my very beginnings. How can that ever die?
Phyllis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phyllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2010 at 2:53pm
Hi Steve, I am sorry but we don't have a facility to add photos to the forum, if you look through the forum you will see that there are no photos on here. I know this sort of thing has been discussed previously (personalising avatars etc.) but as a community it was decided that it was not a good idea, that way nobody will be offended by what someone might think is appropriate and others don't. So again Steve sorry but I can't help you on this one.        take care   phyllis  xx

thanks for the PM got it this morning.
mandy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote mandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2010 at 2:57pm
There is a technical issue here in terms of preventing any problems of viruses and other malware which could happen if people can upload their own images...

There is not a facility here to upload photos for the reasons Phyllis has given and also its a technical issue in terms of problems of viruses and malware which could happen if people uploaded images.

Take Care

Mandy x
"Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down to let us know that they are happy

http://jean.kipps.muchloved.com
sweetpattyalice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sweetpattyalice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2010 at 2:59pm
Ah, no worries, and thanks for the quick response. I will go and add a little text to my poem to say it is based on a photo.

You're very welcome for the message.

Am feeling raw today, but I think this community is really going to help me grieve. I seem to be getting a lot of tears out on here, which is a good thing I believe.

Take care, Steve.
My Mum ~xXx~ She is the one I knew right from my very beginnings. How can that ever die?
sweetpattyalice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sweetpattyalice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2010 at 3:08pm
Thanks for the additional info Mandy on the reasons. I have added little text to the top of the poem  briefly explaining about the photo it is based on.

I love your signature, about the stars. Really nice.
mandy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote mandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2010 at 4:43pm
Thanks Steve

Its an eskimo proverb

Mandy xx
"Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down to let us know that they are happy

http://jean.kipps.muchloved.com
 Post Reply Post Reply