The MuchLoved Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » A place to talk with other MuchLoved members » Hello, I'm new here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

I'M NEW

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'M NEW
    Posted: 29 Nov 2011 at 8:20am
Hello Trudy,
                welcome to Muchloved and I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your wonderful Mum. I lost my darling Mum 2 years ago next week. My struggle is that I lost my beautiful wife Wend the year before and as I am still struggling to get over that loss, I haven't really had time to grieve for Mum properly.
I do feel so guilty as after my Wend was taken from us, my Mum became my rock. She was always there to comfort and console me in my darkest moments and now I have no older peers above me. In my family, I am now the oldest and it feels so strange not to have an elder to turn to for help and advice. I miss my daily phone calls to her so much. Often, something will happen in my life and I almost reach for the phone to call her and tell her.Then I realise that those calls will never happen again and I feel so down.
Grief is a truly personal journey Trudy. It affects all of us in so many different ways. The thing to remember is that there is no time limit on grief. We are all individuals and some handle it better than others.
But always remember that you are not alone and all of us here on Muchloved understand what you are going through and will support you as we support each other. Please post at any time. There will always be someone to answer you.
God Bless
Your friend,
Ian 

I love you with all my heart my darling, today, tomorrow and always, your loving husband, Ian XX

My Tribute to Wend

sueblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sueblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 4:55pm
Hello ,  I can understand how you feel.  I lost my partner 7 weeks ago after a short illness.  The house is SO quiet, I am so used to him being here when I came in.  I used to say to him 'what have you been up to ' he always replied 'Waiting for you to come home'.  How you take it for granted - until the person is no longer there.  The realisation when your first wake up in the morning that you are the only person in the house is tough.  All we can do is support each other - we truly can say I know what you are going through. 

Sue
carol anne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote carol anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011 at 4:55pm
Yes sueblue know what you mean about the house feeling so quiet it never felt like it when my hubby just nipped out or even just going in the garden, and you do take them for granted, and I now know I didn't appreciate him enough, if I could only tell  him that now, and when you wake up it's the first that hits you that you are alone, am so glad I have my 2 little four legged friends with me they are a comfort
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12