The MuchLoved Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » A place to talk with other MuchLoved members » Dealing with the loss of your Child
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Hello

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Barb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello
    Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 1:05am
I have been a member of much loved tributes for a long time I have just now joined the forum. I hope I can support you in some way. I lost my son in 2003 he was murdered, I have learnt to cope but its hit and miss. I just want to say hi to you all.
KevF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote KevF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 3:37am
Hi Barb

I would just like to welcome you to the community and I hope that you will also find some peace and comfort here.

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your son and the tragic circumstances of his passing.

Please feel free to post on here whenever you feel the need to - I have found that since I have been a member of this site (since 2007) it can often help to just have somewhere to write down what we are feeling.

Take care

Kevin

Edited by KevF - 15 Jan 2012 at 3:38am
Ne'er weep for me my beloved one. I am the wind that ruffles you hair on a breezy day. I am the sunlight filling your eyes when you smile.I am here with you all the time my love. I am with you.
Phyllis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phyllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 6:48pm
Hi Barb, I would just like to welcome you to the ML community and to say how sorry I am for your loss,  I also lost my son,  he took a lift from a fellow soldier in his regiment who even after being stopped by police 10 mins. before, continued to drive at approx. 100 mph lost control on a bend and ploughed into an articulated lorry killing himself , my son and my sons mate. That was almost 19yrs ago and I still find this journey a bit of a hit and a miss, I don't think that will ever change, but as you say we learn to cope, life is just so unfair sometimes.
                                                        Take care Barb         Phyllis x  
sheila54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sheila54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 10:07pm
Hi barb, welcome to ML. I share your pain, my son thomas was also murdered in november 2000, he was almost 19 years old, and I miss him every day of my life. I'm sure like myself over the years you have thought to yourself it would be bad enough if they'd been ill but at least you would have a reason for them going. but when it is at the hands of another its too much to bear. I have never had justice for my son which is so very hard, I hope that your sons perpertrator has been brought to justice.
much love
sheila xx
to the moon and back. my beautiful brown eyed boy
Barb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Barb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 12:40am
[QUOTE=KevF]Hi Barb

I would just like to welcome you to the community and I hope that you will also find some peace and comfort here.

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your son and the tragic circumstances of his passing.

Please feel free to post on here whenever you feel the need to - I have found that since I have been a member of this site (since 2007) it can often help to just have somewhere to write down what we are feeling.

Take care

Kevin

Hiya Kevin,
Thank you,
I am glad to be here, and yes it does help to write things down, it also helps speaking to people who understand. As I said you do learn to cope, but part of you is stood still. Thank you for the welcome x
Barb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Barb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 12:48am
[QUOTE=Phyllis]Hi Barb, I would just like to welcome you to the ML community and to say how sorry I am for your loss,  I also lost my son,  he took a lift from a fellow soldier in his regiment who even after being stopped by police 10 mins. before, continued to drive at approx. 100 mph lost control on a bend and ploughed into an articulated lorry killing himself , my son and my sons mate. That was almost 19yrs ago and I still find this journey a bit of a hit and a miss, I don't think that will ever change, but as you say we learn to cope, life is just so unfair sometimes.
                                                        Take care Barb         Phyllis x  

Hiya Phyllis,
Thank you for the welcome, I read part of your journal I hope you dont mind, what an absolute tragic loss, My heart goes out to you. It is a hit and miss journey we think we are coping OK, then we suddenly go down an occasion anything. One thing is for sure we have to keep our heads above water for our children. They dont want us to be sad and we all know its impossible to do at times, thats all we can do is cope. x
Barb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Barb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 1:04am
[QUOTE=sheila54]Hi barb, welcome to ML. I share your pain, my son thomas was also murdered in november 2000, he was almost 19 years old, and I miss him every day of my life. I'm sure like myself over the years you have thought to yourself it would be bad enough if they'd been ill but at least you would have a reason for them going. but when it is at the hands of another its too much to bear. I have never had justice for my son which is so very hard, I hope that your sons perpertrator has been brought to justice.
much love
sheila xx

Hiya Sheila,
Thank you for the welcome, I think death of any kind is a lot to bear, sudden death you cant accept because they were here today and then gone. In murder your son and my son died by the hands of another person, and like you say if it wasnt for this other person they would still be alive today. The worst of it all is getting no justice, this adds more pain to what we already feel. I did get some kind of justice 8 years and the peson will be free soon. I am so sorry you are going through the same as I am, If you feel you ever need to talk just let me know. xxgod bless you.
 Post Reply Post Reply