The MuchLoved Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » A place to talk with other MuchLoved members » A place to go for a chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Frustration !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote sueblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frustration !
    Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 12:01pm
As the sun has come out i decided to do a bit of gardening.  I tidied up in the shed which was hard as I kept finding sweet wrappers that Andrew had left.  The grass seemed reasonably dry so I got out the petrol mower and did all the things necessary.  Would it start ? No.  No way.  I dont have an electric one and the garden is quite long and not exactly like Wimbledon so the petrol mower does the job.  I have left it sitting there in complete frustration.  It is only a small thing and I suppose if push comes to shove I will ask a male neighbour for help but it really is galling.  We always had a job starting it after the winter but usually Andrew could coax it to run then hand over to me for the mowing.  Felt a bit off colour this morning so perhaps it wasnt the best idea .

Thinking of everyone out there - they say it gets better with time but it is one rough journey.  As Andrew would have said 'It stinks'!'

love, Suexx
shellsrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote shellsrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 4:28pm
Hi Sue,

That is so frustrating when things like that happen and we don't have anyone to turn to for help. I t just might be a good idea for you to ask one of your male neighbors for assistance. The mower probably needs a good tune-up after sitting for the winter. Take some good, deep breaths and try to relax a bit. It will all get sorted out.

Love and BIG hugs!
Michelle xxx
Think good thoughts and be peaceful-Missing you so much, my Jerry
DISILAIN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DISILAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 7:45pm
Hello Sue and Michelle

Just noticed the thread looking at the site like so many many times before..Here's my twopence worth on the lawnmower that wont start...Always after lying idle over the winter especially any fuel left in the mower and especially the carburetor thingy tends to crystalyse,this in turn make getting the darned thing going  sometimes a visit to the local AE witha dislocated shoulder...So drain all the fuel make sure if you smoke your ciggie isnt hanging out of your mouth..lol .....Get fresh fuel and give it another try if it still wont go set fire to the thing pull up a chair and have some toasted pancakes.Then get the guy next door to bring his hover round..Hope it works and the pancakes are nice....IAN (DISILAIN)
sueblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sueblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 6:18pm
Thanks for the advice - especially the bit about pancakes.  I thought it over and called a shop down the High Street to come and take it away for a service and get it going.  The chap next door doesnt believe in mowing !  I had to wait in for the chap to come and pick it up but in a strange way it did me go - I have been going out for the sake of it - staying in wasnt that awful.  Thinking of you all out there ,
Sue
shellsrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote shellsrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 4:26pm
I definitely loved the part about the pancakes. Gave me a chuckle, for sure. I hope you can get it all sorted, Sue.

Hugs!
Michelle xx
Think good thoughts and be peaceful-Missing you so much, my Jerry
KevF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote KevF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 12:47am
This must be the female equivalant of what happens to me in launderettes.

All I need to do is stand there looking useless (I do this very well...:0) and a lovely lady will come over and take charge - telling me where everything goes and what I need to do with the powder and all.

Of course I know exactly what to do as I have been using Launderettes for a long time - but I enjoy the female attention nonetheless....lol
Ne'er weep for me my beloved one. I am the wind that ruffles you hair on a breezy day. I am the sunlight filling your eyes when you smile.I am here with you all the time my love. I am with you.
sueblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sueblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 8:59am
Oh, thats the answer is it ?  I have often helped bewildered looking men at the self service checkouts in the supermarkets - perhaps it is all a ploy ?

Sun is out today again and I wish he was here with me to enjoy it.  He loved the Spring and for some reasons liked the celandines.  Andrew always said that when they came into flower Spring was here.  Hope you are all okay out there, this seems to be a neverending journey.  I read a quote the other day ' If God sends us a rocky road, let us pray he sends us sturdy shoes'.  I am praying hard for that.

love, Sue
 Post Reply Post Reply