Wanting many people to visit your tribute?
Joined: 05 Aug 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Topic: Wanting many people to visit your tribute?
Posted: 06 Feb 2008 at 9:13am
MuchLoved has been designed so that the Tribute Guardian (site creator) can control who else, if anyone, can have access to their site.
It is a fundamental principle of our service that you never have to have a publicly-accessible site or have your website profiled in any way. Your tribute will be more helpful to you if you feel in total control over your site visitors and contributors.
Some of our users do want to have lots of public visitors and/or publicity for their site however and have asked us for ideas on how to encourage visitors. Here are some suggestions:
- Make sure you update your tribute Privacy setting from 'Private' to 'Public'
- Join our Community and let other muchloved users know about your site. You can have a link to your site as a signature on all your postings in the community.
- See if you can add a link to MuchLoved from other websites (such as your work website) to let other people know about the service. You can use any of our link banners held at http://www.muchloved.com/gateway/links.aspx
- Create an account in MySpace, Facebook or other social networking sites and discussion groups where you can add a link to your tribute for your visitors to follow. [Have you seen the MuchLoved Group in Facebook that has been set up?]
- Create a nice 'business card' with a picture and your website link which you can hand out to friends and colleagues that you would like to invite.
- Make use of the 'Invite' Facility on your tribute to email invites [You can still use this facility even when your tribute has public access]
- If you would like publicity please email firstname.lastname@example.org as we have some media contacts who might be able to help.
If you have any other ideas please do let us know and we will add them to this list,
With regards, Jon
Edited by muchloved - 12 Feb 2008 at 5:03pm
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum